This LP fuses two massive talents, for the first time to AOTN we introduce House and Techno legend Linkwood, joining him is one of the |UKs most respected Jazz Artists Greg Foat, who will need no introduction to AOTN fans
‘Linkwood & Foat’ is the first LP to be recorded in the new ’Athens of the North Studio’, which was designed and built specifically for our artists so that they can create without the time pressures or expenses of studio hire elsewhere. With no fixed plans, no rules or expectations, the pair relaxed in the new studio and started making music. The result is very special indeed
Linkwood had just returned from walking in the wilds of an Ibiza summer and Greg had similarly been immersed on the sun drenched south coast of the Isle of wight. This freedom and sense of space saturates the grooves of the LP juxtapositioned against a deeper late night basement club feel they both love so much, the pull between nightlife and the freedom of nature. It’s extroversion and introversion, the freedom and escapism of the two seemingly opposing environments permeates this recording.
- Bass – Philip Achille
- Congas, Triangle – Eric Young (11)
- Drums – Clark Tracey (tracks: B2 & B4), Malcom Catto (tracks: A1-4 & B3)
- Electric Piano, Producer, Arranged By – Greg Foat
- Graphics – Divine Inc.
- Guitar – Hugh Harris (2) (tracks: A1)
- Photography – Tim Moore (2)
- Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Rob Mach
- Tenor Saxophone – Binker Golding
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Trevor Walker (3)